Search for University Jobs in Engineering
Assistant Professor of Structural Engineering (Tenure Track)
Old Dominion University
The Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) Department at Old Dominion University (ODU), Norfolk, Virginia, is seeking applicants for a full-time tenure track faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor with expertise in structural engineering, with a focus in:
- Sustainable and resilient infrastructure systems;
- Community resiliency to climate change and hazardous environments, particularly in coastal areas subjected to sea level rise and risk of flooding;
- Smart materials and infrastructure systems;
- Uncertainty and reliability analysis;
- Performance-based design;
- Structural health monitoring;
- Applications of advanced computational methods and emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and revolutionary concepts like digital twin technologies in modeling, simulation, and design of infrastructure components; and
- Complex interactions between urban systems and human behavior.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with other faculty on interdisciplinary research areas within the department and across campus, including the Institute for Coastal Adaptation and Resilience (ICAR).
Minimum Qualifications - knowledge, skills, and abilities
The candidate must possess:
- A strong background in one or more of the research areas outlined above,
- A record of scholarly publications,
- The ability to make an immediate impact within the Structures program,
- A clear plan to acquire and sustain a stream of externally funded research projects, and
- The ability to develop and teach both graduate and undergraduate courses in civil engineering,
- A demonstrated passion for student success, recruitment, and retention, and a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion among students, faculty, and staff.
Minimum Qualifications - Education or training
Candidates must posses Ph.D. in Civil Engineering or in a related engineering discipline.
Comprehensive knowledge in engineering mechanics of steels structures and materials is preferred.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |