The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution,seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
The Department of Computer Science is an academic unit within the College of Arts and Sciences. The department runs an interdisciplinary, diverse but closely related set of courses that underpin and provide analytical context to technologically oriented degree programs across the University. The department provides ample opportunities for professional growth and for close interaction with our faculty and students.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit a Postdoctoral Fellow on an interdisciplinary project relating to the develop a novel type of tactile sensor based on Electrical Impedance Tomography.
The main objectives/tasks that the Postdoctoral Fellow will undertake are:
- Modelling of Electrical Impedance Tomography Forward problems using Finite Element methods
- Development and simulation of computationally efficient solutions for the Inverse problem in Electrical Impedance Tomography
- Development and simulation of anisotropic inversion tools and ensemble inference methods
- Development and simulation of dimensionality reduction techniques
- Software implementation of algorithms in support of project development.
- Assistance in supervision of Masters and Doctoral students.
- Preparation of project reports, scientific papers and technical presentations on the results of the research.
Qualifications and Experience
- A PhD degree in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering with focus on Inverse problems or Electrical Impedance Tomography.
- The candidate should have demonstrable experience in software design.
- Experience with MATLAB is required, and preferrably with the EIDORS toolbox
- The successful applicant should be strongly motivated, have the capability to work independently as well as in collaboration with members of the research team.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills are required.