The department of Information Technology in the College of Engineering and Information Technology (CEIT) at Ajman University invites applications for a full-time Assistant / Associate Professor in Information Systems to start in Fall 2022.
Candidates applying for this position should have a distinguished track record in research and a strong commitment to service, mentoring, teaching, and making an impact in interdisciplinary research. Successful candidates will be appointed within the Bachelor of Science in Information Systems program.
Qualifications & experience
- Experience in teaching information systems courses and in particular courses relating to e-Health and Telemedicine, Enterprise Systems, IT Project Management, and IT Resource Management. The candidate is also expected to teach other IS courses such as E-Marketing, E-Commerce, Business Intelligence, and System Analysis and Design.
- The candidate must have a strong research background.
- Only candidates who hold a Ph.D. In Information Systems will be considered.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
The selected applicant will be expected to:
- Develop and teach undergraduate courses in Information Systems
- Engage in innovative and technology-based approaches to learning and teaching
- Publish high-quality research in leading internationally recognized journals
- Participate in committees at the departmental, college, and/or university levels as assigned
- Actively engage in promoting the growth of the Ajman University
- Ability to provide consultancy service to researchers and the business community.
A completed application will include:
- A letter of interest addressing qualifications for the position.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- A statement of teaching philosophy and research.
- Copies of transcripts of all graduate coursework.
- A list of three professional references with names, titles, phone numbers, and email addresses- including a current or previous supervisor.