Postdoctoral Researcher in nanomaterials and nanoelectronics
University of Michigan – Shanghai Jiao Tong University Joint Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
The joint institute was jointly set up by the University of Michigan and Shanghai Jiao Tong University but located in Shanghai, China. It is modeled after a typical US research institute with a tenure-track system. Please visit the website for information:
About Dr. Yaping Dan
Dr. Dan received his Ph.D. in electrical engineering from the University of Pennsylvania and held a Postdoctoral Fellow position at Harvard University. He won a postdoctoral fellowship award from the U.S. National Academies in 2009 and was recently awarded the prestigious "National 1,000 Young Scholars" Award from the Chinese central government. Dr. Dan is an Associate Professor at the Joint Institute. Dr. Dan’s research is focused on silicon photonics and nanoelectronics.
The position involves nanofabrication, surface chemistry and electronic measurements. The successful candidate must hold a Ph.D in materials science and engineering, electrical engineering, physics, chemistry or another related field, preferably with the following skills:
- Hands-on experience in nanofabrication and materials characterizations
- Ability to independently conduct research.
- Knowledge of semiconductors or electronics is a plus
- The ability to speak mandarin is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes an internationally competitive annual salary and other standard fringe benefits.
To apply, please email the following materials (email@example.com):
- Curriculum vita;
- Contact information for two or three references;
- A copy of your Ph.D. thesis abstract (if graduated); and,
- A copy of one or two published papers