Postdoctoral Fellowship Position in Sustainable And Smart Cities And Communities
ENG Civil Engineering
Competition No. – A104144453
Closing Date – Will remain open until filled.
This position has an end date of one year from the date of hire, with the possibility of extension, and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Postdoctoral Fellows Benefits
One postdoctoral position is available immediately to support the research conducted by Dr. Mustafa Gül (https://apps.ualberta.ca/directory/person/gul1) and his team on sustainable and smart cities and communities focusing on infrastructure and energy systems. The candidate will work on data analytics and image/video processing using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and deep learning, computer modeling, software development, and must demonstrate their ability to integrate these skills. The position is available for one year with possibility for renewal.
The candidate should possess:
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- Experience in AI/deep learning, image/video processing, data analytics, signal processing
- Strong programming skills and familiarity with related software and programming languages
- Strong data analytics and management skills and ability to develop databases
- Experience with GIS
- Strong publication and presentation track record in related fields
- Experience and interest in mentoring and training students as part of a research team
- Ability to work independently and within a team, including demonstrated leadership qualities and interaction with collaborators
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to present to a wide range of audiences
Please apply with a cover letter, CV, research statement, and contact information for three references.
To assist the University in complying with mandatory reporting requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (R203 (e)), please include the first digit of your Canadian Social Insurance Number in your application. If you do not have a Canadian Social Insurance Number, please indicate this in your application.
Applications will be considered immediately until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
Apply Online: https://careers.ualberta.ca/Competition/A104144453/
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight MST of the closing date.