We have an opening for a postdoctoral researcher to perform original computational research on computational bio-fluid dynamics. The successful candidate will develop numerical methods to model coupled processes on high- performance computing platforms. This position is in the Gomez Research Group (https://engineering.purdue.edu/gomez/) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Purdue. This is a one-year postdoctoral appointment withthe possibility of extension to a maximum of three years.
- Conduct original research on computational bio-fluid dynamics.
- Develop numerical algorithms on high-performance computing platforms.
- Publish programmatic reports and peer-review publications summarizing research findings.
- Present results at program meetings and scientific conferences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Recent PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge of flow dynamics and bio-fluids.
- Knowledge of numerical methods, including discretization schemes and solution techniques.
- Experience with software development.
- Experience producing reports, publications, and proposals.
- Exceptional ability and knowledge in the applicant’s area of specialization.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
Please send an email expressing your interest, together with a CV, two relevant publications, and the names of three references, to Prof. Hector Gomez (firstname.lastname@example.org). Review of applications will start immediately and continue until December 1st, 2020.