We are seeking to recruit a post-doctoral researcher to work in the general area of viscous hydrodynamics and modelling soft matter or biological systems in the group of Dr. Lailai Zhu (www.lailaiflow.com) at the National University of Singapore (NUS). The position is immediately available and the starting date can be varied according to the availability of the candidate. The contract is initially for one year, and can be extended depending on mutual agreement. Interested candidates are encouraged to contact Dr. Zhu by writing him an email with an enclosed CV via lailai_zhu "at" nus "dot" edu "dot" sg
The ideal candidate will use theoretical and/or computational tools to conduct research including but not limited to the following topics:
1. Individual and/or collective motion of active particles.
2. Elasto-hydrodynamics involving the behaviors of elastic structures in flows.
3. Electro-hydrodynamics and electrokinetic transport phenomena.
4. Dynamics of complex fluids.
5. Using machine learning and control theory to design intelligent microrobots.