Laboratory for Intelligent Infrastructure Technology at Nanyang Technology University aims to advance state-of-the-art smart structural technologies to make our built environment sustainable and resilient under hazards. We are seeking a highly self-motivated individual to work as a postdoctoral research fellow. The position is in structural health monitoring and will focus on smart sensing and diagnostic technologies for intelligent infrastructure modeling, monitoring, and management. The earliest starting date for the position will be September 2021. For more details, please visit https://www.yfulift.org.
- A Ph.D. degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in structural condition assessment, machine learning, experimental techniques, sensor development, or signal processing.
- Excellent programming skills for one of the languages, such as C/C++, Python, and MATLAB.
- A good record of referred journal publications or conference presentations.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Previous experience in proposal writing is a plus.
Interested individuals should first contact Dr. Yuguang Fu (email@example.com) first by sending the following materials with the subject of "LIFT Postdoc Application":
1. Cover letter (< 2 pages) telling your motivation, research interest and experience.
2. CV or resume (including a list of publications, if applicable)
3. Research statement (<3 pages)
4. A list of up to three references
The review process will begin on June 30. The appointment is for one year, renewable for a second year.
In 2021 NTU was placed 13th in the world in the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings. In engineering and technology, NTU is ranked 4th worldwide in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021. NTU’s College of Engineering is among the top eighteen globally for research output and the 10th most cited in the world (Essential Science Indicators 2021). The School of CEE is a leading school for Sustainable Built Environment. It has over 50 faculty members and more than 1,500 students and is rapidly expanding its range of education and research activities.