About the Job:
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in the College of Science and Engineering at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities seeks to fill a Teaching Assistant/Associate/Full Professor position. Rank is dependent on qualifications and experience. The primary purpose of this position is to enhance the educational experience for our graduate and undergraduate students with interest in signal processing and communications. The starting date for this position is as early as August 27, 2018. Initial term is for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Instruct 5 courses per academic year (e.g. 3 courses one semester, 2 courses the other semester). These include introductory graduate courses in digital and wireless communications, and undergraduate courses in signals and systems.
- Participate in the design and implementation of plans for major departmental undergraduate activities, including undergraduate student advising regarding coursework and academic goals, laboratory and instrumentation upgrades, and meeting ABET objectives.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or closely related field, with work experience or research interest in wireless communications.
- Expertise and experience in MATLAB.
- Good oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Laboratory development experience