The University of Texas at Austin Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering (CAEE) invites applications for a nontenure-track Assistant, Associate or Full Professor of Practice position. We seek candidates with a structural engineering background to teach courses related to the design of reinforced concrete, steel, masonry and wood structures. The initial contract duration will be fixed at three years, with the possibility for extension based on performance and need.
The successful candidate is expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses to a diverse student population in the CAEE department, collaborate with other faculty within and outside of the CAEE department from a wide range of backgrounds, and be involved in service to the university and the profession.
The department and the Cockrell School of Engineering are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment. We are interested in candidates who will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in higher education through their teaching, research, and service activities.
The CAEE department has over 55 faculty and is currently ranked amongst the top five graduate and undergraduate programs in both civil and environmental engineering by US News and World Report.
Applicants must have an earned M.S. and/or Ph.D. degree, in Civil or Structural Engineering. Interested and qualified individuals should submit materials in electronic form to apply.interfolio.com/89388. Review of applications will begin on July 15, 2021.
Anticipated Start Date: Sep 1, 2021
Interested and qualified individuals should submit materials in electronic form to apply.interfolio.com/89388.
1. Cover letter – the cover letter should be addressed to: Chair, Department of Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering
2. Curriculum Vitae-including academic and professional experience
3. Statement of Teaching – including prior teaching experience, teaching philosophy, and teaching interests
4. Statement on contributions to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion through teaching and/or service, as well as your understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion topics
5. The names and e-mail addresses of a minimum of three references.
A security-sensitive background check will be conducted on applicants selected for the position.