Faculty, Assistant/Associate Professor - Mechanical Engineering
: Faculty - Tenure Track (FT)
The Engineering Department (https://www.uvu.edu/cet/departments.html
) at Utah Valley University invites applications for a Tenure Track position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor to begin Spring 2019. The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor's and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field and be expected to teach undergraduate mechanical engineering courses.
Will teach students to understand and appreciate mechanical engineering topics. Design courses and prepare instructional materials. Cultivate a student-centered learning environment, and help students succeed. Assess teaching results and apply results to improve courses, curriculum, and teaching effectiveness.
Will support department, university, and community through service such as committees and special projects. Fully support the university and program level accreditation efforts. Engage in scholarly activities, including research and keeping current in the latest developments in the field.
B.S. and PhD in Mechanical Engineering, or closely related areas with emphasis in Systems and Control OR Materials, Manufacturing, and Design. (PhD must be completed by the day classes begin.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques, student management, motivation, evaluation and assessment of instruction, curriculum development, program development and evaluation, current trends in technical education, cooperative work experience programs, and student recruitment.
- Knowledge and experience with supervision of undergraduate or industrial research projects.
- Skills in interpersonal, problem solving and decision-making.
- Skills in presentation of course materials and learning experiences.
- Expertise in teaching subjects related to general mechanical engineering topics.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to engage, motivate, and evaluate students.
- Ability to deal with the opportunities and challenges of a rapidly growing and changing institution.
- Experience in developing and teaching courses.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Teaching and professional experience.
Minimum of 3 three years of teaching with demonstrable experience in the field of Systems and Control specialization or Materials, Manufacturing and Design.
Ability to lift 10 lbs.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
College of Tech/Computing
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/9576
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.