Position for Postdoctoral Researcher in Geoinformatics
We seek highly qualified and motivated individual with enthusiastic attitude towards high-quality research to work as a Postdoctoral Researcher at the department of Built Environment. The position is for a period of 2 years, with a mid-term review. The position is intended for full-time work.
Teaching duties of the position are limited to about 10% of working hours and are related to Master’s programs of the Department. In addition, modest activity in fund raising and guiding doctoral and master students is also expected. The Postdoctoral Researcher’s principal task is to conduct high quality research in Geoinformatics.
Qualifications: Applicants must i) have completed a doctoral degree in a related field, ii) manifest a strong background in the research area, and iii) show a strong publication record. Fluent English is required.
To apply, an application must include:
- Motivation Letter, including full contact information (max one A4 page)
- Research plan on the selected research area of the Department (mandatory to indicate clearly which one) (max three A4 pages). Will be evaluated against scientific quality and relevance to the School of Engineering’s Road Map 2017-2020.
- CV including publications and contact information for 2 reference persons (max three A4 pages)
- Summary of the Doctoral Thesis (max one A4 page)
- A certified copy of doctoral degree certificate and its translation, if the originals are not in Finnish, Swedish or English
All material should be submitted in English in a single pdf-file (compiled with an order specified above).
The application should be sent through the eRecruitment system (link ‘Apply for this job’ below) no later than on 4 May 2018. Email applications will not be taken into account.
Aalto University reserves the right for justified reasons to leave the positions open, to extend the application period and to consider candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period.