Closing date: Priority deadline for receipt of materials is Mar. 1, 2019, but the position will remain open until filled.
Position title: adjunct full-time instructor in Mechanical Engineering
Position summary and requirements:
Saint Martin’s University invites applicants for a full-time instructor position starting fall 2019. The selected candidate will teach a full range of mechanical engineering lecture courses and lab courses. Continuing employment of this position is subject to student enrollment in the mechanical engineering program.
Requirements for this position:
1. M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
2. B.S. degree from an ABET accredited mechanical engineering program.
Candidates with teaching experience, including laboratories, are preferred.
A doctoral degree in mechanical engineering or a closely related field, is desirable but not required.
Candidates must be willing and able to support the Catholic, Benedictine tradition of Saint Martin’s.
The Hal and Inge Marcus School of Engineering at Saint Martin’s University offers ABET accredited undergraduate programs in mechanical and civil engineering, and graduate programs in civil engineering, mechanical engineering and engineering management. The School moved into Cebula Hall 2012, at the time the highest rated LEED certified building in the Western Hemisphere, and completed a new lab building 2016. A major Engineering Initiative has led to new facilities, a larger faculty, increased enrollments, and exciting opportunities for enhancing programs.
Saint Martin’s University is located on a beautiful campus in Lacey, Washington, and enjoys access to major urban activities while retaining the best qualities of a small town.
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications, and comes with a standard benefits package.
Required Application Materials:
- A letter of interest for the position that addresses the candidate’s qualifications for our requirements.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- A list of three professional references who can speak to your qualifications, including full telephone and email contact information.
- Saint Martin’s University requires final candidates to review the university’s mission statement and values. Finalists must write a brief statement which highlights how the candidate’s work will contribute to the mission and values of Saint Martin’s University.
- Copies of transcripts indicating degree confirmation. Official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate.
- If you are contacted for an interview, we also will require your authorization to order a background check before any employment offer can be finalized.
To apply for this position please visit our website and apply online at "Work & SMU" https://www.stmartin.edu/directory/office-human-resources. Questions and inquiries should be sent electronically to the same email address above or by telephone at 360-688-2731.