Center for Hybrid Rocket Exascale Simulation Technology (CHREST) at University at Buffalo, State University of New York (UB- SUNY) has openings for three Postdoctoral Research Associates, available immediately. CHREST is a newly funded PSAAP III center by Department of Energy focusing on investigating turbulent reacting flow physics of hybrid rocket motors through exascale computing coupled with model reduction strategies and machine learning algorithms for design optimization and uncertainty quantification. The recruited Postdoc Researchers are expected to be key players in the center and capable of collaborating with other researchers from academia and National Labs. In addition, Postdoc Researchers should also have the ability to mentor undergraduate and graduate students and compose proposals. Successful candidates will be appointed on a year-to-year basis, renewable upon satisfactory annual review. Interested applicants should send their application package, including a cover letter (indicating the area of interest), CV and names of at least three professional references. All applications (US Citizens Preferred) should be submitted through UB Jobs (http://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/26862).
Candidates will be mainly involved in the numerical simulations of turbulent reacting flows.
● A PhD degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering or a closely related field
● Experience in Lagragian droplet tracking algorithms, multiphase reacting flows and turbulence simulation (DNS & LES)
● Candidates with experience in machine learning are preferred.
● A proven track record of publications in leading journals
● Contact Person: Dr. James Chen, firstname.lastname@example.org