The Department of Software and Information Technology Engineering (Montreal, Canada) is seeking professors of software and information technology engineering. The candidates’ research activities will be coupled with existing programs, and will be carried out in the context of software engineering, multimedia, medical applications and telecommunications.
Areas of Expertise Sought
Note that candidates with research skills in computer engineering/science other than those mentioned below are also encouraged to apply.
in the area of cybersecurity, including but not limited to software security, cyber-physical systems and Internet of Things (IoT) security, cloud and critical infrastructure security, malware analysis and digital forensics, data analytics for security intelligence, privacy protection and usable security.
Intelligent data science
in the area of data science, including but not limited to data and predictive analytics, information and knowledge mining, big data software and data streaming frameworks, machine and deep learning, and data visualization as well as application fields such as multimedia, social media/network analytics, speech processing, biomedical, real time intelligent network traffic control, and cyber security.
in the area of network engineering, including but not limited to software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), cloud and edge networking, real time intelligent network traffic control, networking for cyber-physical systems and network resilience.
in the area of software engineering, including but not limited to software evolution, software analytics, software testing, continuous integration and delivery (Devops), quality assurance, software security, software design and architecture, software metrics and service-oriented architecture and web services as well as emerging fields such as including mobile computing, cyber-physical and embedded systems, Internet of Things (IoT) systems, cloud and distributed systems.
The candidates sought will:
• teach courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels in one or more of the above-mentioned fields;
• mentor graduate students;
• carry out funded or contractual interdisciplinary research projects, jointly with industry and in work places;
• develop a research program;
• publish scientific articles;
• complete grant applications, particularly those directed at NSERC and FQRNT.
• Must hold a Doctorate degree (Ph.D.) in engineering (software, computer science or electrical);
• Must be a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ), or take the necessary steps to become one before applying for tenure;
• Must have industry experience or experience conducting research in close collaboration with industry. If the candidate does not have related industry experience, then such experience may be substituted by solid R&D experience, or the candidate must agree to acquire such experience through an industrial practicum;
• Must demonstrate excellent research and teaching skills;
• Must be proficient in written and spoken French in accordance with the ÉTS Language Policy, or demonstrate a willingness to learn French and embark on a francization process supported by ÉTS.
Summer or fall 2020
Submission of applications
All applications shall be treated confidentially. Interested candidates must submit their application by February 17, 2020 (5 p.m. EST) to candidatures_professeursLOG@etsmtl.ca.
The application shall include all these documents named as noted below:
• a cover letter cov_letter;
• a curriculum vitae CV;
• an URL to a google scholar profile page URL;
• a statement of teaching goals teach_goals;
• pertinent details of three references references;
• a statement of their research plan res_plan;
• the equal employment opportunity form equity_form;
• a sample of research accomplishments (e.g. recent scientific articles) res_accomp.
All documents must be included. Otherwise, the application will not be evaluated. Please note that only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. For any further information, please contact candidatures_professeursLOG@etsmtl.ca
Salary and Terms
This is a tenure-track position. Salary and benefits will be determined in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Nevertheless, priority shall be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. It is important to mention in your application whether you are able to work in Canada in order for us to plan any necessary immigration process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Program
ÉTS has adopted and follows an equal employment opportunity program, and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal persons, visible and ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities. Please complete and attach the Equal Access to Employment form to your application.