This Silklab research assistant job exists to assist in the processing, analytical measurement, and characterization of biopolymeric material. The opportunity involves a collaboration project with an industrial partner involved with global consumer electronics and technology.
What You'll Do
This is a grant funded position and is not eligible for severance pay.
The Silklab Research Assistant position will assist in the processing, analytical measurement, and characterization of biopolymeric material. This opportunity involves a collaboration project with an industrial partner involved with global consumer electronics and technology.
- Conducts specialized laboratory experiments
- Performs advanced procedures such as DNA sequencing and molecular biology techniques
- Develops research study design, techniques and protocols in collaboration with Principal Investigator
- Reviews results and suggests modifications to experiments and protocols where necessary
- Oversees collection and data entry of results
- Analyzes and interprets data and drafts results of experiments
- Writes summaries and material for presentation and publication
- May perform other duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired by a Bachelor’s of Science degree in biomedical engineering or bioengineering or related background
- Experience working in a biological laboratory
- Background in biomaterials
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired by a Master’s of Science degree in biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, materials engineering or related field
- Knowledge of and experience with advanced laboratory techniques and procedures, data interpretation and statistical analysis
- Background in bio-silk and biomaterials
- Research experience in an academic lab
Minimum $47,800.00, Midpoint $59,850.00, Maximum $71,900.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.