INESC TEC is now accepting grant applications to award 1 Research Grant (BI) with the reference DEMETER
funded by CE, project (reference 857202)
Type of grant: Research Grant (BI)
General scientific area: ENGINEERING
Scientific subarea: Electrical engineering
Grant duration: 10 months 15 days, starting on 2022-10-17.
Scientific advisor: Filipe Neves Santos
Workplace: INESC TEC, Porto, Portugal
Maintenance stipend: € 1144,64, according to the table of monthly maintenance stipend for FCT grants
(http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores), paid via bank transfer. Grant holders may be awarded potential
supplements, according to a quarterly evaluation process (Articles 19, 21 and 22 of the Regulations for Grants of
INESC TEC and Annex II), up to a maximum limit of 50% of the monthly maintenance stipend.
INESC TEC supports costs with registration, enrolment or tuition fees, during the grant duration, under the terms
established in the internal document: "Payment of Tuition fees to grant holders".
The grant holder will benefit from health insurance, supported by INESC TEC.
- Identify and select methods/approaches for navigation systems for robotic systems in the context of micro
robotics and agriculture;
- Contribute to the development of Hardware and Software for micro-robots applied in an agricultural context;
- Exercise critical thinking in evaluating the research process and the results obtained.
BRIEF PRESENTATION OF THE WORK PROGRAMME AND TRAINING:
- Collaborate in the development of scientific articles;
- Develop automation and robotization modules for micro-robotic solutions;
- Test and validate the solutions developed in real contex
Master's degree in electrical engineering or a related field
The awarding of the fellowship is dependent on the applicants' enrolment in study cycle or non-award courses of
Higher Education Institutions.
- experience in hardware development for micro-robots
- experience in the development of robotic systems
-experience in code development in C/C++ language on Linux
- Master's average higher than 14
Application period: From 2022-09-21 to 2022-10-05
Submission of applications: the application will be formalised by submitting the form available in the Work With
Us section of INESC TEC website.
BINDING LEGISLATION AND REGULATION
The hiring process shall comply with the current legislation regarding the Research Grant Holder Statute, approved
by Law no. 40/2004 of August 18, in its current wording, as well as by the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC
and for FCT Grants Regulation in force.
For more information, please check the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC and relevant annexes at