Position: Assistant/ Associate/ Senior Research Professor
Department: Research and Graduate Studies
School: Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University
Reports to: Dean of Research and Graduate Studies
Technological progress and scientific discoveries have made economic activity mostly knowledge-based and have accelerated growth. It is only possible to meet all the challenges thus imposed, through decisions that are mainly based on research and studies that take into consideration the problems but also anticipate future trends and global expectations. Decision makers are in dire need for research and in-depth and futuristic studies that produce enlightened recommendations and help make the most suitable choices, while avoiding risks and overcoming challenges.
Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University strives to develop human intelligence, disseminate knowledge and find solutions based on research and scientific studies of problems experienced by societies. Based on its vision and mission in serving the local and international communities, and with the expertise, potential and facilities supporting scientific research and studies, and outreach activities, the University is inviting applications for Research Professor in the Dean of Research and Graduate Studies.
The Research Professor in the Deanship of Research and Graduate Studies is a highly ranked scholar who will:
- Be responsible for leading the research culture in PMU. The main focus of the job will involve their own research activities in their area of expertise in addition to presenting research findings at conferences worldwide.
- Be required to seek external funding for their research activities to enhance the prestige and visibility of PMU and to initiate research projects with local industries, government agencies and the community.
- Be expected to take part in the strategic planning and decision making of PMU’s Deanship of Research.
Qualifications & Experience (Required)
Suitable candidates should have earned their Ph.D. degree in area of experience or equivalent Natural Sciences (Mathematics, Physics)/ Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical)/ Business administration (HRM, MIS, Strategic/Organizational Management, Economics, Islamic banking & Finance)/ Humanities & Social Sciences/ Computer Engineering & Science. Also required, are the ability to demonstrate scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of PMU.
Suitable candidates should have a minimum 4 years of post-doctoral experience in an academic career and proven track record of funding acquisition through grants and/or contracts.
Suitable candidates should have extensive experience managing multidisciplinary research teams, high publication rate in ISI high impact peer-reviewed journals with mentoring experience with trainees to achieve career goals.
Suitable candidates are expected to have excellent command of the English Language and should be familiar with technology infused academic environments.
Suitable candidates with academic rank of Associate / Full Professor must provide a letter of promotion from an academic institution with a documented due process to the rank of Associate / Full Professor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required)
- High level of knowledge in the area of (Mathematics or Chemistry or Mechanical Engineering) and Researc
- Excellent verbal communication skills, both for lecturing and communicating with colleague
- Excellent writing skills for publishing research wor
- Excellent organizational and time management skill
- High commitment to research
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in research in the field of Natural Sciences (Mathematics, Physics,)/ Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical)/ Business administration (HRM, MIS, Strategic/Organizational Management, Economics, Islamic banking & Finance)/ Humanities & Social Sciences/ Computer Engineering & Science
- Acquire in-depth expertise in the leadership of scientific research projects and experience of organizing interdisciplinary scholarly events
- Collaborate with faculty and students on research topics of common interest
- Help in teaching one course or two as needed
- Become an ambassador for the Deanship of Research, for example through publications, outreach activities, and through presentations at workshops and conferences
- For Engineering/ Natural Sciences/ Computer Science/Eng.: Publish at least ten (10) ISI journal papers per year in the relevant areas, and to manage some of PMU’s Research activities including regular international meetings, visits of senior scholars, and scientific advisory boards
- For Business Administration/ Social Sciences: Publish at least six (6) ISI journal papers per year in the relevant areas, and to manage some of PMU’s Research activities including regular international meetings, visits of senior scholars, and scientific advisory boards
- Write research proposals and generate some external funding and lead groups or teams of research personnel.
Help to build and develop the existing PMU faculty team of senior scholars and offer them the opportunity to build international collaborations using own contacts and networks.
Remuneration and Benefits
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
How to Apply
Application to this position require a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar & Scopus and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of Ph.D. Diploma, statement of research and teaching interests and a portfolio (no more than 20 pages long) that includes representative professional work depicting evidence of research, teaching activities; a narrative of administrative and leadership philosophy including a statement of past and proposed efforts to enhance diversity as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references who may be contacted, with permission of the candidate, following initial evaluations by the search committee
Note: In order to apply for a position of Associate / Full Professor, candidates must provide a letter of promotion from an academic institution with a documented due process to the rank of Associate / Full Professor.
Positions advertised on our job website and can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
Please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For submission of applications, log-on to our career site: https://pmu.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl
Alternatively, send your application by email to email@example.com in the event of an unsuccessful online application. (Please specify Position Applied for: Ex: "Research Professor" in the email subject line and please also mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement)
PMU reserves the right to alter, amend and add responsibilities to this position in line with the institutional needs. Changes and amendments to this job description shall be within the academic framework and the general employment conditions.