One post-doctoral research position is available at the University of British Columbia (Okanagan Campus), Kelowna, BC, Canada on November 2019. The research will be focused on computer/machine vision system & algorithm development, cloud-based implementation, and machine learning applications.
This position is jointly supported by a high-tech company located in Montreal and Mitacs (http://www.mitacs.ca) through the "industrial postdoc" program. The first appointment for this full-time position is one year and extendable to the second year with potential for long-term employment with the industry partner. Travelling to Montreal is required. Qualified candidate should own a doctoral degree in electrical engineering, computer science/engineering, information science, and technology or closely related fields.
The requirements for this position include:
- Solid background in computer/machine vision algorithms;
- Experience with embedded vision system design and implementation;
- Knowledge in machine learning, pattern recognition, and artificial intelligence;
- Knowledgeable with deep learning tools, e.g., TensorFlow, Caffe, etc.;
- Strong software development skills (Python/C++/Matlab, etc.);
- Proficiency in Linux and other computer tools;
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS will be a plus.
More information about the School of Engineering is available at:
Please submit your CV with complete publication list and contacts of at least two referees. Online interview will be arranged for shortlisted candidates.