Direct PhD (MS-PhD Integrated)/ PhD research assistant positions (tuition waiver and monthly stipend) are available to work in Haptic Engineering Research Laboratory ( https://sites.google.com/site/inuherl515/ ) at Incheon National University (INU), Incheon, South Korea.
We are particularly interested in candidates in the following research topics:
- Deep learning based tactile sensing and feedback for robotic arms (Haptic Robotics)
o Deep learning or machine learning experience, and strong programming skills
- Haptic augmented skin imaging for diagnosis (Multimodal Imaging System)
o Computer vision & image processing, computer graphics (deformable 3D rendering), virtual reality with HMD and C++, Matlab programming skills
- Real-time haptic feedback for mobile touchscreens (User Interface)
o Microprocessor and Android programming skills, and circuit theories
- Brain Computer Interface with haptic sensing and feedback (Brain Computer Interface)
o Brain Computer Interface, EEG sensing and signal processing, robot controls, and strong programming (java or C++) skills
- Haptics-augmented immersive interface (Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality)
o Haptics augmented user interface design for mobile devices, car drivers, existing virtual reality with HMD, IoT device control. Strong programming (java or C++) with Unity3D needed.
The graduate research assistantship includes a monthly stipend and full tuition waiver only if a candidate meets the following requirements:
- Degree requirement: BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- English requirement: iBT 75 or IELTS 6.5
- GPA requirement: 3.5/4.5
Interested students should send curriculum vitae that includes an official English score (min. iBT 75 or IELTS 6.5), desired research topic (choose one of topics above), publications and contact information for three references via email to: email@example.com. The due date of the applications is Oct 31, 2019.
Note: Please include the words "HERL-Direct PhD or PhD Applicant – Spring 2019" in the "Subject" line of your email. Your desired program (Direct PhD or PhD) should be informed clearly in the email. Please do not send your application if you don’t meet any of the requirements above since no assistantship and scholarship will be provided.