Search for University Jobs in Engineering
Research Technician - Biomedical Engineering
The research at the integrated Biofunctional Imaging and Therapeutics Laboratory (iBIT Lab) focuses on utilizing non-invasive acoustic and optical imaging techniques with nanomaterials and biological models to understand the structural, functional, molecular, and biomechanical heterogeneity of pathologies such as cancer. In the iBIT Lab, biofunctional imaging will be utilized to improve patient care to: guide surgical methods; predict therapeutic response; and design effective therapeutic strategies. We are a team of biomedical engineers with interdisciplinary background in electronics, signal processing, molecular biology, optics and nanotechnology with collaborations with clinicians and researchers in the Boston area.
What You'll Do
This is a grant funded position and is not eligible for severance pay.
This position is part of an interdisciplinary team with expertise in tumor biology, biophysics, imaging, nanotechnology and cancer therapeutics. Under the close supervision of the Principal Investigator, the Research Technician will assist in preparation of nanoparticles - metal nanoparticles or liposomes for photo- and acoustic - diagnosis and therapy.
- Fabricating a variety of nanoparticles and conduct a variety of experiments to investigate nanoparticle efficacy in in vitro 2D and 3D cultures
- Performing assays, tissue culture, electrophoresis, western blots and transfections etc.
- Recording test results and analyzing data using basic statistics
- Maintaining laboratory equipment and supplies
- Managing and monitoring a xenograft mouse models
- Perform troubleshooting of instruments, taking and recording corrective actions, maintenance of equipment in working order.
- Assist in the setup of new procedures, modification of existing procedures, update of procedure manuals
- Participate in lab duties maintaining shared lab space
- Attends mandatory annual training sessions in fire safety, chemical hygiene, and laboratory safety, HIPAA compliance
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed i.e., assisting in order and stock levels, making lab stock solutions for assays and culture medium, autoclave trash, waste pick-up coordinator, protocol write-ups and updates of general lab activities
- Specific experimental assistance as needed
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired by a Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering or related field
- Research experience in an academic lab
- Ability to work accurately, effectively, within a team and independently, under pressure and to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; highly self-motivated
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to plan and prioritize multiple, concurrent tasks within deadlines and changing priorities, with minimal supervision
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes in workflow and procedures
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to detail
- Motivation to learn and grow in scientific expertise
- Ability to trouble-shoot technical issues
- Master's degree in Biomedical Engineering or Chemical Engineering or related background
- Experience in cell culture techniques, fluorescence imaging, nanoparticle fabrication and handling lab animals
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, MATLAB, Solidworks, LabVIEW, etc.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |