The College of Engineering at The University of Texas at Arlington is seeking immediate applications for an adjunct position with appointment for fall 2018. Applications are invited from individuals dedicated to undergraduate teaching, student success and implementing active learning. Candidates are sought with experience teaching engineering problem solving, Matlab, and professionalism at the freshman/sophomore level. The successful candidate is expected to teach one or more sections of an engineering course focusing on engineering solving problem skills designed for entering engineering students in an active learning mode. As such, he/she must have the communication skills and energy to motivate more than 90 students in a class in a dynamic, interactive environment. Evening times may be possible.
1) An earned master’s degree in an engineering or related field.
2) Ability to work with students, staff, and faculty in a team based environment
1) Experience teaching first-year engineering students
2) Experience in active learning pedagogy
3) An earned Ph.D. in an engineering field or in engineering education