The Department of Electrical Engineering at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University plans to hire a Postdoctoral Fellow or a Research Associate for an initial period of twelve months, with the possibility of extension pending mutual satisfaction and funding availability.
The applicant is expected to work closely with Professor Edward Chung and Dr. Weihua Gu of the department, to:
- Conduct research activities in the domain of modelling connected and automated vehicles, and related topics
- Actively assist in proposal writings
- Publish scholarly papers in top-tier journals in the transportation field
The applicant should:
- have a doctoral degree in Transportation Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability of conducting high quality research and publishing research findings in top-tier journals in at least one of the areas in:
o traffic operations and traffic flow theory;
o transit operations;
o traffic safety;
o data analytics; and
o communication networks.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, academic writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, to work independently, and to supervise junior researchers.
- For the post of Postdoctoral Fellow, the applicant should also have no more than three years of post-qualification experience at the time of application.
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered.
Applicants are invited to contact Prof. Edward Chung (email: email@example.com) or Dr. Weihua Gu (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information. Please also refer to Edward and Weihua’s webpages at https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6969-7764 and https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3848-4840, respectively.