Posting Date: September 17, 2019
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Position: Assistant/Associate Professor
Location: Aerospace Science Engineering
Status: Full Time (Tenure-track)
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University seeking "Excellence in Every Way," the ideal Cook will possess the willingness to use their expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
The College of Engineering is seeking to fill multiple tenure-track positions at the Assistant/Associate Professor level in the department of Aerospace Science Engineering. Duties include the following:
- Teach a cross section of undergraduate courses
- Develop and conduct a vigorous, externally funded research program
- Academic advisement
- BS in Aerospace Engineering is required
- Must have a Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering or a closely related discipline
- Experience in Aerodynamics, Space Mechanics, or Flight Mechanics/Automatic Flight Controls are preferred, but other areas of expertise may also be considered.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have working computer knowledge and experience
Commensurate with education, training and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, statement addressing teaching and research plans, resume/CV, (3) to (5) letters of reference (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org