The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) at the University at Buffalo School of Engineering & Applied Sciences (SEAS) invites applications for the position of Facilities Coordinator. The incumbent will provide support for all educational and research equipment, laboratories, classrooms, and offices to support the overall instructional and educational activities and goals of the department.
As Facilities Coordinator, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical and instructional support to departmental students, faculty, and staff
- Coordinate space as a departmental student and faculty resource, including offices, common areas, instructional laboratories and research laboratories.
- Assist or direct the installation of new equipment in educational and faculty laboratory spaces as requested by faculty or Department Chair.
- Provide maintenance support on existing equipment in lab spaces as requested. May also serve as liaison between faculty and external vendors if specialized maintenance support is required
- Manage both long-range and short-term projects simultaneously, while also attending to any urgent issues or concerns related to departmental spaces, laboratories and facilities.
- Oversee departmental safety/security concerns, including managing key and access requests for department.
We are particularly looking for candidates that can operate effectively in a diverse community of students and faculty and share our vision of helping all constituents reach their full potential.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree required with one year of experience.