We are looking for postdoctoral candidates and PhD students at Arizona State University in Tempe, AZ (https://wonmokang3.wixsite.com/website). The currently available collaborative projects with the US Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) are in the areas of
1) Nano-mechanics and -materials for nano-manufacturing and energy applications: For post doc candidates, prior research experience with synthesis and materials characterization of nanoscale samples, e.g., graphene films, is highly desired.
2) Dynamic behavior of soft biomaterials for blunt injury and wound healing mechanisms: For post doc candidates, strong research background on transient dynamic response of soft gels and/or live cells under mechanical loading is very important.
During these projects, the candidates will work with leading material scientists, electrical and mechanical engineers at both ASU as well as NRL to overcome critical barriers in the combined theoretical and experimental investigations of complex, multiphysics systems. US citizen or permanent resident candidates will have unique opportunities to visit NRL in Washington, DC and directly interact with NRL research scientists.
Applications will be immediately reviewed until the positions are filled. Interested candidates should submit the items listed below to Prof. Wonmo Kang:
1. A detailed CV including a list of publications
2. A cover letter with a short description of their research experience and interests
3. The names and email addresses of at least three references
The successful candidates will enjoy additional opportunities in Prof. Kang’s lab including (1) opportunities to work at DoD labs and explore potential DoD funding, (2) hands-on experience with cutting-edge facilities, and (3) local attractions (including weather) in Phoenix, AZ.