This position offers a highly qualified individual the opportunity to perform in a critical role within the Systems Engineering Research Center (SERC) and Acquisition Innovation Research Center (AIRC) at Stevens Institute of Technology. The Program Manager must have a collaborative personality, excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex information to a wide audience pool (from students to consultants through senior government leadership), demonstrated experience navigating highly matrixed organizations and cross-Federal teams, ability to manage multiple and complex tasks with milestone driven deliverables, and demonstrate strong relationship management capabilities. The selected candidate will also be expected to lead task order pursuits and provide strategic support. Prospective candidates should be in daily commuting distance to Washington, DC.
- Responsible for all Program Management and overall performance of a complex Department of Defense education and training program inclusive of related schedules, budgets, and performance (including curriculum development; program deployment and assessment)
- Ensures proper assignment of team members, including Review Team Members; Collaborates with the program management team, team leads, and partners to drive the strategic direction and innovation supporting government customer requirements
- Builds strong client relationships across government and academia
- Facilitates the development of the overall program strategy, technical/management strategy, communications, and outreach strategy
- Continually seek ways to improve communications and collaboration across the program team and government sponsor
- Tasks encompass working with key stakeholders including subcontractors to define project scope, strategy and outcomes; create work schedule and milestone plans; track critical paths, dependencies, and deliverables; monitor effort reports and track cost-sharing commitments; assist with report preparation and creates/updates project reports
- Ability to take initiative, anticipate obstacles and pro-actively and creatively problem-solve; interpersonal skills and flexibility in dealing with a range of working styles and competing demands
Qualifications & Requirements
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university; or a bachelor's degree with managerial experience
- 10 or more years of program management experience leading managing training and development programs
- Minimum 5 years of experience applying instructional design concepts
- PMP or equivalent certification preferred
- Possess a high level of initiative, clear communication skills, leadership experience, and a high degree of organization and ability to multi-task
This position requires access to information that may be subject to export control requirements. As a result, US citizenship or LPR (Lawful Permanent Residence) is required with the ability to maintain a Secret level security clearance.
Program Operations SERC
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police