Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering (3581)
Posting Number: req1126
Working 9 months per year
Faculty Tenure Track
College of Science and Engineering
Pocatello - Main
The successful applicant will be expected to participate in teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses in the areas of robotics, machine design, kinematics and dynamics of machinery, as well as in the core undergraduate curriculum, to build a collaborative, externally funded research program and to perform professional service. Further, the applicant is expected to mentor graduate students and participate in the activities of the Measurement and Control Engineering Research Center in the College of Science and Engineering.
• Teaching undergraduate/graduate courses according to the ME workload policy per semester with teaching responsibilities based in Pocatello, covering our needs from the aforementioned courses. However, other reasonable course assignments (3000 level and lower) from our basic Mechanical Engineering curriculum may be assigned, and some courses may be offered via distance learning to the Idaho Falls CHE campus.
• Pursuit of an active, collaborative, externally funded research program, including publication of research and participation at conferences.
• Mentoring graduate students.
• Advising undergraduate students in Pocatello.
• Serve as a possible mentor for projects in the ME senior capstone design course (ME 4496A, B).
• Service on committees.
• The selected candidate must be able to obtain an Idaho Professional Engineering (P.E.) license within three years.
• An earned PhD in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field.
• A demonstrated record of research (publications and seeking external funding).
• Experience (at least one year) teaching Mechanical Engineering courses.
• Expertise in Robotics, Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery, Machine Design, and Measurement Systems.
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1126&site=1
Please submit the following documents with your application:
1) A current curriculum vitae; 2) A statement of research interests (maximum of 2 pages); 3) A statement of teaching interests (maximum of 2 pages); and 4) A list of names with contact information for three professional references.
Position will remain open until filled. However, applications received by November 30, 2020 will receive priority consideration. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.