CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Technical Specialist
Job reference: AE2022-0138 (FIRE_RES-1 - CBER)
INESC TEC - Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores, Tecnologia e Ciência
Job/position/grant: Technical Specialist
Main: TECHNOLOGY,COMPUTER SCIENCE
Sub: Electrical technology,Energy technology,Future technology
Job summary: INESC TEC is accepting applications for 1 Technical Specialist job in the Embedded Systems area - Hardware and firmware developer
Project: Innovative Technologies and Socio-Ecological-Economic Solutions for FIRE RESilient Territories in Europe
Scientific Advisor: Duarte Filipe Dias
Duration of the contract: from 2022-06-23 to 2023-06-22, eventually renewable.
Location: INESC TEC, Porto, Portugal
Work Area: Embedded Systems area - Hardware and firmware developer
Project overview: The new European project of which INESC TEC is part (FIRE-RES) will allow the improvement and development of innovative solutions for monitoring firefighters. This work aims to develop wearable devices and specific sensors for use in firefighting as well as test them on the field and integrate them into a more comprehensive monitoring system under the FIRE-RES project. Support in larger scale production as well as field tests with various entities and project partners
Objectives: Study of the systems that are already under development at C-BER for subsequent definition of a development and production roadmap. This development will be on both hardware (CAD design) and firmware (MCU programming IDEs) areas using also Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology. There will be interactions with end users during this process to adapt the systems to the usage conditions. Preparation of a follow-up production of several units for field tests.
Academic Qualifications: Master's degree in embedded systems engineering, electrical and computer engineering, biomedical, or other similar areas.
Minimum profile required: Prior knowledge in hardware design (Altium, Eagle...) and experience in analog and digital electronics. Proven low-level firmware development on Microcontrollers and sensor integration.
Preference factors: Familiarity with Altium CAD software and IDEs from Microchip and Silicon Labs. Good knowledge of
biomedical and environmental signals and sensors. Knowledge of wearable devices with textile integration.
Funding Entity: funded by CE, project (reference 101037419)
Type of contract: fixed-term contract, however, INESC TEC can, at any moment, hire the researcher on a permanent basis.
The hiring shall be governed by what is stipulated in the legislation in force regarding fixed-term employment contracts and by INESC TEC norms.
What we provide
● Great working conditions
● Salary adequate to the applicant's profile and potential, ranging from 2250€ to 3274€
● Potential performance bonus and annual salary review
● Balance between personal life and professional duties: flexible schedule; hybrid scheme (teleworking and face-to-face)
● Excellent opportunity for personal improvement and professional development, part of an exciting environment that values new ideas
● Potential access to specialised support and training
● Health insurance (possibility of a family health insurance plan)
● Free parking
● Discounts in schools, gyms, housing, CP, car purchase, Clube Vila Galé
● Partnerships with banks for special conditions (no cards' fees or other costs)
What to expect
● Be part of a top R&D institution in Europe in the fields of scientific research, technology development and transfer, advanced consultancy and training, pre-incubation of tech companies.
● An organisation that promotes a set of initiatives (informal, cultural, or food-related events), team spirit, mutual knowledge, and networking, thus encouraging interpersonal synergies.
● A great place to work, with a collaborative, diverse, international, multicultural, and inclusive environment.
Selection criteria: The selection of the candidates will be based on the following criteria, in descending order of consideration:
a) Relevant Curriculum in the concerned field of this tender
b) Proven experience.
Selection Jury: President of the Jury: Prof. João Paulo Cunha;
Member: Prof. Miguel Velhote Correia;
Member: Prof. Duarte Filipe Dias;
Notification of results: The results of the selection process will be sent to the interested by electronic mail.
Application period: From 2022-05-13 to 2022-06-05
Application submission: Electronic form filling in www.inesctec.pt in the section Work with Us