RIT Dubai is currently seeking applications from exceptional candidates for a full-time position in the Mechanical & Industrial Engineering Department in Industrial Engineering with experience in engineering management. RIT Dubai is looking for a highly qualified, motivated and enthusiastic individual to be a positive addition to a prospering American university campus in the UAE. Responsibilities include teaching and educational activities (course development, undergraduate and graduate advising, lab development), research and professional service activities.
Individuals who will be on sabbatical or interested in a visiting position are welcome to apply. The selected faculty is expected to start on September 2019 or January 2020 in Dubai.
- Ph.D. Degree in Industrial Engineering, with focus on production systems and engineering management.
- Applicants must have developed and taught high quality undergraduate and graduate courses that focus on the multi-disciplinary nature of industrial, systems and/or manufacturing engineering
- Prior experience in industry is a plus, and expertise in advising undergraduate and graduate students is preferred.
- Previous teaching experience in an American or European institution
- Demonstrated industry experience in the field
- Excellent communications skills
- Demonstrated ability (Associate/Full) or significant potential (Assistant) to teach courses in advanced manufacturing and/or Industrial and Systems Engineering as applied to advanced manufacturing at the graduate level.
Deadline: open till position is filled.
THE UNIVERSITY: RIT Dubai is an international campus of Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York. It was established in June 2008 to offer RIT degrees and curriculum in Dubai. Currently, it offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs in engineering, business, networking and innovation and leadership.
RIT is a multifaceted university located in Rochester, New York. The university offers more than 200 options in its professional career programs and delivers courses on-campus, online and in numerous international locations. The university enrolls more than 18,000 students who come to RIT from all 50 states and more than 90 countries.
Email your application to email@example.com. Submit the following items as part of your application:
- Subject line must include the source, your name and position you are applying for;
e.g: RIT Dubai website – <Your Name> – Industrial Engineering Faculty 2019
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Contact information
- A cover letter detailing your technical/professional, teaching, and scholarship qualifications and achievements, and how these address the required and preferred qualifications for the position.
- A teaching philosophy statement
- Samples of teaching evaluations
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of three references
Applications review will begin immediately and continue until a candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information please visit RIT Dubai website at www.dubai.rit.edu.