School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Professor and Chair
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 12th globally. It is also placed 1st amongst the world’s best young universities and ranked 4th globally for Engineering and Technology.
Nanyang Technological University invites highly qualified candidates for the position of Chair, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
The candidate will have a unique opportunity to lead the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE), one of the top engineering schools in the world to meet the evolving educational and research needs at a global and local (Singapore) level.
It is a Professorial appointment with concurrent appointment as Chair of the School. The successful candidate reports to the Dean of College of Engineering and is expected to provide leadership and oversight for the academic, intellectual and administrative affairs of the School and its two major disciplines - MechanicalEngineering and Aerospace Engineering. The Chair is a member of the Dean Advisory Committee and is expected to work closely with counterparts in the sister Schools within the College of Engineering, as well as other collegesin the university, to promote the ethos of multi- and trans-disciplinary innovation in research and education at NTU.
▪ An avid educator with an excellent teaching record to drive and maintain high standards of education to ensuremanpower and expertise generation for Singapore
▪ Strong record of academic and research achievements
▪ Deep interpersonal and communication skills, with strong social capital to connect faculty, local government and funding agencies, as well as industry partners to drive education and research excellence
▪ Successful candidate is expected to be able to articulate an inspiring vision for the future as well as passion to lead and serve the faculty and students of the School.
▪ An active and vibrant research environment with strong industry networks
▪ Excellent R&D infrastructure and opportunities for research funding
▪ Well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratories
▪ A competitive remuneration package and attractive benefits
▪ Applicants are invited to submit their applications (cover letter and CV) through the NTU career portal, https://ntu.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Careers/job/NTU-Main-Campus-Singapore/Chair-of-School-of-Mechanical-and-Aerospace-Engineering_R00007891.
Review of applications and shortlisting of applicants will be carried out on an on-going basis until the position is filled.
About the School
The School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) is ranked one of the top 5 mechanical and aerospace engineering schools in the world by the QS World University Subject Rankings 2021. With well-established industry partnerships, MAE provides an active and vibrant research environment with excellent R&D infrastructure and numerous opportunities for research funding. The school has an enrolment of over 2500 undergraduate students with over 90 faculty members and 140 full-time research staff working in well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratories. A growing research student population of over 400 is also actively engaged in strategic research and development work.
The school offers two four-year Bachelor degree programmes, in Mechanical Engineering and Aerospace Engineering. These programmes have been developed with the aim of equipping students with a broad engineering foundation as well as bespoke knowledge and skills in relevant modern technologies. At the graduate level, MAE offers graduate programmes either by coursework or by research in a wide range of fields. The coursework programme comprises nine Master of Science programmes in key engineering disciplines, designed to equip professional engineers with the relevant skill sets needed for the industry. The research programme offers research students an extensive selection of cutting-edge research projects.
More information about the School can be obtained at www.ntu.edu.sg/MAE.