INESC TEC is now accepting grant applications to award 1 Research Grant (BI) within the scope of the
TacitRouting funded by National Funds through FCT - Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P.,
project (reference 2022.08808.PTDC
1. GRANT DESCRIPTION
Type of grant: Research Grant (BI)
General scientific area: ENGINEERING
Scientific subarea: Industrial engineering
Grant duration: 3 months, starting on 2023-04-01, with the possibility of being renewed until the end of the project.
Scientific advisor: António Galrão Ramos
Workplace: INESC TEC, Porto, Portugal
Maintenance stipend: € 930,98, according to the table of monthly maintenance stipend for FCT grants
(https://www.fct.pt/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Tabela-de-Valores-SMM_2023.pdf), paid via bank transfer. Grant
holders may be awarded potential supplements, according to a quarterly evaluation process (Articles 19, 21 and 22
of the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC and Annex II), up to a maximum limit of 50% of the monthly
INESC TEC supports costs with registration, enrolment or tuition fees, during the grant duration, under the terms
established in the internal document: "Payment of Tuition fees to grant holders".
The grant holder will benefit from health insurance, supported by INESC TEC.
Support to the development of a model that based on historical route execution data divides the geographic area
of influence into a set of smaller and contiguous smaller areas (districts).
3. BRIEF PRESENTATION OF THE WORK PROGRAMME AND TRAINING:
- Preparation of real historical data to perform computational tests;
- Performing computational tests;
- Integration with the visual interface.
4. REQUIRED PROFILE:
BSc in Industrial Engineering, Informatics Engineering, Computer Science or related area.
The awarding of the fellowship is dependent on the applicants' enrolment in study cycle or non-award courses of
Higher Education Institutions.
Experience in the following skill(s):
- programming in Python;
- analysis and implementation of optimization models;
- ability to work in group, high autonomy, and organization;
- experience in routing problems.
5. EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Selection criteria and corresponding valuation: the first phase comprises the Academic Evaluation (AC), based
on the criteria referred to in Article 12 of the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC, while the second phase
comprehends the Individual Interview (EI). All factors are evaluated on a scale of 0 to 100, taking into account the
applicants' merit, suitability and conformity with the preference factors.
The weight of the AC factors are as follows: Academic Qualifications (FA, 60%), Scientific Publications (PC, 10%),
Experience (EX, 10%) and Motivation Letter (CM, 20%).
Candidates who score less than 50 points in the AC average will be considered excluded on absolute merit. The top
five candidates approved on absolute merit will be qualified for the individual interview. The Final Grade (CF) is
obtained by the weighted average of AC (70%) and EI (30%).
The Selection Jury is composed of the following members:
President of the Jury: António Galrão Ramos
Full member: Elsa Marília Silva
Full member: Pedro Filipe Rocha
Substitute member: Fábio Silva Moreira
Release of results and prior hearing: the results of the selection process, as well as the terms and procedures for
prior hearing, will be released to the applicants by email, under the terms referred to in Article 13 of the Regulations
for Studentships and Fellowships of INESC TEC.
6. FORMALISATION OF APPLICATIONS:
1. Motivation letter;
2. Curriculum Vitae (must include the list of previous fellowships, their type, beginning and end dates, funding
entities and host institutions);
3. Certificate or diploma degree dully recognised in Portugal;
● Documents proving the awarding of academic degrees and diplomas, or the according recognition - in cases of academic degrees or diplomas granted by a foreign higher education institution - can be dismissed in the application process, and replaced by the applicant's declaration of honour, with the verification of said condition taking place during the grant's hiring stage. The submission of the certificate is mandatory when signing the contract.
● Academic degrees or diplomas awarded by a foreign higher education institution require an authentication by a Portuguese higher education institution, and the corresponding registration on the DGES platform, in conformity with Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16, and Ordinance no. 33/2019, of January 25. More information available on the website
4. Proof of enrollment in a degree awarding study cycle or in a non degree awarding Higher Education program.
● The proof of enrollment may be presented just during the grant hiring stage.
5. Signed declaration stating the infringement of the grant holder's duties (article 14, no. 4)
6. Documental evidence to support the country of residence, residence permit or other legally equivalent
document, in cases where the applicant is a foreigner or non-resident in Portugal - valid until the beginning of
7. Other supporting documents relevant to the final assessment.
Failure to deliver the required documents within the 90-day period after the date of the notice of the conditional
awarding of the grant implies its cancellation.
Application period: From 2023-02-23 to 2023-03-10
Submission of applications: the application will be formalised by submitting the form available in the Work With
Us section of INESC TEC website.
7. BINDING LEGISLATION AND REGULATION
The hiring process shall comply with the current legislation regarding the Research Grant Holder Statute, approved
by Law no. 40/2004 of August 18, in its current wording, as well as by the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC
and for FCT Grants Regulation in force.
For more information, please check the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC and relevant annexes at