Supervisor: Prof. Yu Xiao (http://mobilecloud.aalto.fi/)
Starting date: April 1, 2019 at the latest
Site of Research: Department of Communications and Networking (COMNET) (http://comnet.aalto.fi/en/) , School of Electrical Engineering, Aalto University
Research area: machine learning
Optional topics: data-driven urban mobility analysis, data-driven resource management in vehicular fog computing
The candidate must have a doctoral degree (or will shortly satisfy the requirement of a PhD) in a relevant discipline, such as computer science, electrical engineering and statistics. The candidate must have a high motivation for research, and enjoy working in an international and cross-disciplinary team. The candidate is expected to conduct research in a 4-year research project on smart mobility.
Skills and qualities required to apply
- Demonstrated ability to develop novel machine learning algorithms, and strong background in mathematical analysis to solve real-life problems
- good programming skills to quickly build prototypes of data analysis algorithms and modules
- good written and oral communication skills in English
- knowledge about wireless networking or cloud computing is considered as a plus
- supervision experience is considered as a plus
- work experience in industry is considered as a plus
Application (in English) should consist of
- Publication List
- Research statement
- Recommendation letter(s) from previous supervisors or employers (optional)
The applications for the position are to be submitted through the eRecruitment system no later than January 15, 2019.
Aalto University reserves the right for justified reasons to leave the position open, to extend the application period and to consider candidates who have not applied during the application period.
Further information: Assistant Professor Yu Xiao, email@example.com (research related information) and HR Coordinator Katja Korpinurmi firstname.lastname@example.org (application process, practical arrangements)
About Aalto University and Finland
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto University has six schools with nearly 20 000 students. Our campuses are located in Espoo and Helsinki, Finland.
As a living and working environment, Finland consistently ranks high in quality-of-life. For more information about living in Finland: http://www.aalto.fi/en/about/careers/international_staff/