Lecturer / Senior Lecturer at Civil Engineering Discipline requires a Ph.D. in Civil Engineering. Teaching and research experience in the field of construction management, project management, or building information models.
The candidate's responsibilities:
1. Contribute to curriculum development, innovation, enhancement, and quality assurance in the undergraduate and postgraduate curriculum
2. Develop and deliver innovative and excellent teaching, learning, and assessment experiences for undergraduate and postgraduate students
3. Conduct high-quality research, maintaining an active record of publication and building a profile of grants and Ph.D. student supervision
4. Support the development and implementation of a research strategy for the School of Engineering, Civil Engineering Discipline consistent with the research priorities of Monash University Malaysia and Monash University
5. Participate in collaborations with other universities and with government, industry, and/or civil society to drive research impact and educational excellence
6. Support the management of education, research, and/or administration in the School through, for example, participation in committees
Key Selection Criteria:
1. The appointee will have:
- PhD or equivalent in the area specialising in Civil Engineering (Construction Management). Applicants expert in AR/VR technologies or Building Information Management (BIM) are preferred.
Must be eligible to register as a Graduate Engineer with the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM). For non-Malaysians with Bachelor of Engineering qualifications from non-Malaysian universities, professional qualifications recognised by BEM can be considered equivalent to being registered as Graduate Engineer.
An established research agenda and established track record in research publications in the relevant discipline.
Knowledge and Skills
2. Possess a high level of interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team across both the education and service sectors. Demonstrated evidence of good oral and written communication skills.
3. Demonstrated publication record in high-quality refereed journals, conferences equivalent textbooks or teaching resources. Undertake outstanding research and lead a research team and project. Proven record of obtaining significant external grants for research.
4. Demonstrated record of successfully supervising postgraduate research students. Ability to work positively and cooperatively with students, internal and external teams and external organisations.
5. Demonstrated strong record of teaching experience in a tertiary environment including course coordination. Ability to motivate, actively engage and educate a given audience.
6. Demonstrated evidence of the use of technology and innovation to enhance teaching and research
There’s a certain feeling you get from working at Monash University. It’s the feeling that you’re a part of something special. Something significant. And that’s because you’re not just starting your career, or taking on a bigger challenge. You’re making a real contribution – surrounded by energetic, inspiring people who are driven to make a difference as well. Monash is a place where you’ll be able to develop your career in exciting, sometimes unexpected ways – putting you in the best possible position for a rewarding future.
If you believe you fit this profile, we look forward to receiving your application.