Assistant Professor of Computer Engineering
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, the E.S. Witchger School of Engineering at Marian University located in Indianapolis seeks qualified applicants for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in computer engineering starting in August 2023. We invite applicants in all fields related to computer engineering including, but not limited to, computer architecture and high-performance computing, cybersecurity, computer vision and image processing, embedded systems, Internet of Things (IoT), automation, advanced manufacturing, machine learning/artificial intelligence and energy and power management.
Preference will be given to applicants showing a dedication to student learning and the ability to develop a productive research program. The successful candidate will promote Marian University’s Catholic mission and identity by fostering student learning through innovative pedagogy, inclusive practices, and contributions to a research across the curriculum model that integrates authentic, novel research projects into introductory courses for majors. The E.S. Witchger School of Engineering at Marian University is a collaborative and growing academic community committed to fostering student engagement, problem solving, and communication. Marian University believes that to grow stronger it is essential to recruit and retain a diverse faculty to build an inclusive community. Thus, we welcome and encourage applications across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, cultures, and national origins.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Teach up to 12 credit hours per semester in engineering. Course releases may be available for those participating in research, developing innovative pedagogy, or other duties.
- Demonstrate academic excellence, the potential for distinctive contributions to the holistic development of students and help advance the mission and values of the university.
- Engage students in research, scholarship and other professional activities.
- Mentor and advise students through academic advising, clubs, research and internship opportunities.
- Participate in the life of the campus including participation in faculty governance and co-curricular programs within the engineering school and across the university.
- Contribute to curriculum development and assessment within the department.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission and strategic vision of Marian University.
- A Ph.D. in Computer Engineering or closely related field.
- Demonstrated potential for excellence and innovation in student-centered instruction of students of varying abilities at the university level.
- Demonstrated interest in science teaching pedagogy, curriculum and program development. Experience with online teaching is preferred.
- Potential for ongoing research, publication and activity in professional associations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
Review of applications will begin December 1st, 2022
and will remain open until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, current CV, teaching statement, research statement, contact information for 3 professional references, and responses to supplemental mission questions. Information requests should be sent to WitchgerEngineering@marian.edu
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: