We are seeking a postdoctoral scientist in the Quantitative Systems Physiology and Pharmacology Lab (PI: K. Melissa Hallow) at the University of Georgia. The responsibilities and opportunities of this position will include:
- developing and utilize mathematical models of cardiovascular and renal physiology and pharmacology
- working with our sponsor, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, to apply modeling to investigate open questions around physiological mechanisms of drug action,
- learning about the process of drug development, the role of pharmacometric modeling and building a professional network within the pharmaceutical modeling and simulation community.
- mentoring graduate and undergraduate lab members
- A Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, systems biology or a related field
- Experience developing dynamic mathematical models; experience with biological systems is a plus.
- Solid programming and computational skills. Knowledge of R is a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with cardiovascular and renal physiology is ideal, but is not necessary
The position remains open until filled. Interested applicants should submit a coverletter and CV with three references.
K. Melissa Hallow firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Chemical, Materials, and Biomedical Engineering
University of Georgia, Athens, GA
In collaboration with AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals.
UGA is committed to maintaining a fair and respectful environment for living, work and study. To that end, and in accordance with applicable laws and policies, UGA prohibits any member of the faculty, staff, administration, student body, or visitors to campus, whether they be guests, patrons, independent contractors, or clients, from harassing and/or discriminating against any other member of the UGA community because of that person’s race, color, sex (including sexual harassment and pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity or national origin, religion, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Incidents of harassment and discrimination will be met with appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal or debarment from UGA.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.