The S-Lab for Advanced Intelligence invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
We are seeking Research Fellows to join a university-level research centre collaborating with industry. The position is for one year, renewable subject to satisfactory performance. Successful candidates will be involved in a project that is related to Deep Image Signal Processor.
- To independently undertake research in computer vision and machine learning.
- To produce research reports and/or publications as required by the funding body or for dissemination to the wider academic community.
- To provide guidance and support to any students associated with the project.
- To attend, contribute, and where necessary lead relevant meetings.
- To undertake any other duties relevant to the programme of research.
- A PhD degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong background in machine learning and computer vision. Prior experience in 3D reconstruction, 3D modelling, generative models is preferrable.
- Strong publication records in top-tier machine learning or computer vision conferences/journals, such as TPAMI, IJCV, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NeurIPS, ICML and AAAI.
- Knowledge of scientific or engineering software like PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, etc.
- Proven research ability as evidenced through a portfolio of publications and/or conference papers and/or patents.
- Strong background in R&D with self-motivation and initiative. Ability to develop and manage R&D projects with good understanding of industrial needs.
- In-depth knowledge relevant to the project domain.
- Demonstrated capability to conduct innovative research.
- The ability and willingness to adapt and incorporate novel ideas and approaches in scientific industry.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate hypothesis and design effective experimental plans.
- Ability to design and implement new experimental methods.
- High-level expertise in the required experiment or modelling methods.
- Good knowledge in laboratory work as well as engineering of prototype system.
- Ability to initiate collaboration research in multidisciplinary team.
- Ability and willingness to work some flexible hours.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.