Open Faculty Positions – Civil and Environmental Engineering at KAIST
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is seeking applications for tenure-track faculty positions.
KAIST is the most pre-eminent research university in Korea emphasized in science and engineering. KAIST was established in 1971 as the nation’s first graduate school specialized in science and engineering education and research. KAIST has provided a framework and infrastructure in various R&D areas, emphasized on fundamental science and application engineering not only in Korea but also to world-wide.
KAIST Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) Department established in 1982 has been the number one for the last two decades in Korea and currently has world-class level of publication. Further, the department has a vision to continue to grow and become a top-tier CEE department in the world in the near future. The department currently has 30 faculty members including 19 full-time tenure track professors in five divisions: structural engineering and materials, environmental engineering and sustainability, geotechnical engineering and geosystems, urban and architectural planning and design, and IT for construction engineering. All tenure-track faculty members will be evaluated under a western-style eight year tenure system, which helps to maintain the high quality of research and education and prepare for global competition.
- Geotechnical Engineering and related areas
- Urban engineering or related disciplines
(a) Preferred expertise in Geotechnical Engineering but not limited to:
- Frontier research areas related geotechnical engineering
- Soil dynamics and earthquake engineering and its relevant areas
- Physical and centrifuge modeling
- Foundation engineering and Structure-Soil Interaction
(b) Preferred expertise in urban engineering and related disciplines but not limited to:
- Urban analytics and informatics
- Smart city
- Spatial analysis and planning
- Urban planning and design
- Architectural planning and design
- Other frontier research areas related urban engineering and related disciplines
- Applicants are expected to have demonstrated an excellent potential for both research and education at KAIST.
- Applicants with pioneering research initiatives, and/or strong industrial applications are all welcome.
- Applicants should have earned a Ph.D. level degree in her/his expertise area.
3. Application Schedule
- Due date for application is March 31, 2021, but the application will be accepted until the position is filled.
4. How to Apply
- Please submit the following documents by email directly to Professor Hyo-Kyung Kwak, Head of Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (email@example.com).
- Application package should include:
※ Do not include personal information (Photo, School and age).
a. A formal application in the designated application form, which includes Summary of Key Achievements, Plan of Teaching, Plan of Research, and Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information.
b. Academic/Research Achievements
c. Curriculum Vitae
d. Five selected publications
※ For successful applicants passed document-screening, three recommendation letters need to be submitted (six letters for the tenured associate professor and professor)