AL-KHOBAR, KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA
Position: Lecturer, Chemical Engineering
Department: Chemical Engineering
School: College of Engineering
Reports to: Department Chair; College Dean
Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University (PMU) is a private non-profit university located in the eastern province of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). The University is dedicated to excellent teaching and research and has experienced a significant growth in the last decade. The university is currently ranked 590th worldwide and 4th in the KSA as per 2024 QS World Rank. PMU strives to develop human intelligence, disseminate knowledge and find solutions based on research and scientific studies of problems experienced by societies.
The Department of Chemical Engineering is recently established at PMU to promote excellence in education and research. To produce high intellectual citizens to serve the society with utmost dedication and commitment. To foster creativity and innovation leading to entrepreneurship. To strengthen the strategic areas of the department, we are now inviting applications for multiple faculty positions at all ranks (Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor) in chemical engineering (in particular, in the areas of chemical engineering thermodynamics, process control & instrumentation, process modelling & simulation, reaction engineering, biotechnology).
The members of PMU’s Chemical Engineering faculty will:
- Carry out the duties of the position in accordance with college values and standards and in line with college policies and procedures, upholding high professional standards and leading by example.
- Work with our students as members of a learning community to provide world-class education and an excellent student experience.
- Integrate the college value of inclusiveness into all appropriate aspects of the job, respecting the dignity and diversity of all members of the college community and of visitors to the college.
- Promote the values of collegiality within the college community.
Qualifications & Experience (Required)
- Suitable candidates should have earned their Bachelor and Master degrees (Science, Technology, or Engineering) from a recognized and approved university by the Saudi Higher Education attestation standards and to ensure that their degrees are attained from accredited universities in Chemical Engineering with at least three years of experience in laboratory development and teaching at the university level.
- Suitable candidates should primarily maintain, run and teach undergraduate laboratories in the areas of separation process/reaction engineering/process simulation including expertise in Aspen plus & Hysys/process control. They will be required to set up experiments and supervise students during lab sessions and handle all aspects of lab preparation as needed. They are expected to qualify to teach freshman and sophomore level chemical engineering courses as well as assist in conducting basic and applied research in collaboration with engineering faculty members.
- Suitable candidates are expected to have excellent command of the English Language and should be familiar with technology infused academic environments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required)
Suitable candidates are expected to have experience in the following:
- Conducting laboratory sessions for chemical engineering courses at university level
- Designing of Experiments
- Using laboratory software applications such as Aspen plus, Hysys, ChemCAD, Matlab, MathCAD, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and LabView
- Interfacing laboratory equipment with computers
- Using chemical engineering laboratory equipment such as separation columns, reactors, advanced analytical equipment.
- Performing system integration
- Hardware trouble shooting and equipment calibration experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach laboratory sessions and introductory classes
- Prepare equipment and experimental set ups for instructions and research
- Prepare laboratory manuals and standard laboratory procedures in collaboration with faculty members and lab coordinators
- Accomplish grading laboratory reports and assisting in laboratory related activities
- Procure/place purchase orders for electronic/electrical components required for experiments
- Ensure quality control, routine equipment maintenance and safety procedures and inventory management
- Organize and catalogue lab and sample materials
- Other support duties as required.
PMU reserves the right to alter, amend and add responsibilities to this position in line with the institutional needs. Changes and amendments to this job description shall be within the academic framework and the general employment conditions.