Assistant / Associate Professor - Biomedical Engineering
University of Massachusetts Lowell
The Department of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Massachusetts Lowell invites applications for a full-time tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor beginning in the Fall 2020 semester. We are seeking highly qualified faculty members in all areas of Biomedical Engineering, with particular interest in individuals with expertise in medical devices. The successful candidate will be expected to develop a robust, externally-funded research program, engage in scholarly publication, and contribute to the department's teaching mission. Teaching responsibilities will include the development and delivery of upper-level undergraduate and graduate courses.
UMass Lowell is located 25 miles north of Boston, close to numerous medical device companies and home to the Massachusetts Medical Device Development Center (M2D2), Nanofabrication Lab, New England Robotic Validation and Experimentation Center (NERVE), Material and Biomolecular Characterization Labs, among the relevant resources for biomedical research.
The Department of Biomedical Engineering has seen a tremendous growth in its undergraduate enrollment since the program began in September 2016, with the number of majors nearly doubling every year. The growth in student enrollment and increased need for highly skilled scientists have motivated us to engage in an aggressive plan to increase the size of our faculty by hiring tenure-track faculty members with the potential to develop strong research programs.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• Earned doctoral degree in Biomedical Engineering or related discipline
• Demonstrated ability to develop a robust, externally-funded research program, initiate interdisciplinary and collaborative research, and engage in scholarly publication
• The ability to work effectively with diverse student and faculty groups
• Evidence of dedication to teaching at the undergraduate and/or graduate level
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
• Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
• Please include a cover letter, curriculum vita, statements of research interests and teaching philosophy with their application. Names and contact information for three references will be required at the time of application.
• To apply, please visit: https://explorejobs.uml.edu/lowell/en-us/job/503391/assistant-associate-professor-biomedical-engineering