OPEN FACULTY POSITIONS
‘Department of Industrial Innovation and System Engineering (DIISE)’ of a Jeddah-based international university is seeking to appoint several faculty positions that will have a key role in establishing the state-of-the-art research centres by securing funded research in addition to teaching responsibilities.
What We Offer:
The successful candidate will be offered a highly competitive tax-free salary, which will be commensurate with professional experience and research credentials. Other benefits includes annual housing allowance, a one-time furniture allowance, monthly transportation allowance, annual tickets from Jeddah to the country of origin, free medical care and two months paid annual holiday. Also, they will receive logistic support for family visa. As part of career-building of the faculty, the university provides lucrative funding opportunities for conducting applied and commercializable research through various national and international grants.
What We Expect:
We are looking for highly motivated, outstanding scientists and active researchers who are equipped with the ability to create a difference. Responsibilities include writing proposals for funding, acquiring grants, engaging in scholarly activities, curriculum development, teaching and working on programs accreditation.
Titles: Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
Qualifications: PhD preferably from a top-ranked North American/European university.
Deadline: Open until filled. The applications will be reviewed as soon as these are received.
i) Must have:
At least 2 years relevant experience.
An established track record of publishing in top quartile journals. At least 2 ISI-indexed publications (for Assistant Prof.) and 4 ISI-indexed publications (for Associate Prof.) and 6 ISI-indexed publications during the last 3 years.
Demonstrated a potential to bring funded research.
Practical hands-on expertise on softwares related with IE/SE research/curriculum.
Age less than 55 years.
ii) Nice to have:
Ability to conduct experimental and analytical research and/or industrial experience.
Experience of curriculum development.
Exposure of ABET accreditation.
Patent(s) on credit.
Experience of product development.
1) Stochastic: Stochastic Programming and/or Stochastics and Simulation, Sustainability: Sustainable Systems Engineering, Simulation: Simulation Optimization
2) Statistics: Applied Probability, Engineering Statistics, Applied Statistics, Statistic/ numerical Analysis, Decision Randomness Analysis, Risk and Crisis Management, Randomness, Regression.
3) Health: Health Systems, Information System
4) Ergonomics: Human Factors, Safety, Occupational Safety
5) Quality/Lean: Service Engineering, Quality Engineering, Lean Six Sigma
6) Operation Research: Linear Prog. & Exten., Transportation, Sustainable supply chain, Warehousing design and analysis, Humanitarian Logistics. Advanced analytical methods, science and engineering for improving operations in complex decision-driven environment
7) Systems Analysis: Computer Applications, Production Systems, Maintenance and Replacement Policies, Engineering Cost Analysis. Adv. Production Sys. Robots, Manufacturing Systems, Design of Manufacturing Systems
8) Finance / Investment: Financial Engineer
9) Energy Management
10) Reliability Engineering
How to Apply:
Step 1: Interested applicants are invited to prepare their CV according to following guidelines:
- Contact Details: Please also mention your ‘WhatsApp’ number and ‘Skype’ ID. Also, mention your ID on research databases (ResearcherID, Google Scholar, ResearchGate)
- Qualifications: in reverse chronological order. The titles of degrees mentioned on CV should exactly match with the awarded degrees. Also, mention the name of departments (in addition to universities) from where the degrees have been earned.
- Experience: in reverse chronological order. Please mention the list of courses taught and/or list of projects worked on.
- Publications: Categorize your journal publications in two categories: (i) ISI-Indexed (ii) Non-ISI. Please give complete bibliographic information including DOI of all publications.
- List of funded projects/patents/commercialized products.
- Any other details you may wish to include.
- References: List four potential references (with their official email IDs).
Step 2: Make a single zip file (your family name.zip) containing your:
- Research statement/plan (one page)
- Teaching statement (one page)
- One recent representative publication
Step 3: Send the zip file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter written directly in the email (of 10 lines max.) stating why you should be selected. The subject of the email should be "Domain – Specialization – Position". For example, "IE/SE – Stochastic – Assistant Professor".
While we appreciate all applications, only the qualified short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.