We are looking for postdoctoral candidates at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, DC. The currently available research project is in the area of nano-materials/mechanics for lithium battery applications. Prior research experience with silicon anode is highly desired. During this work, the candidates will work with leading material scientists, chemists, and engineers to overcome critical barriers in experimental investigation of micro/nano-scale systems in complex, multiphysics domains.
1. Candidates MUST be either a US citizen or permanent resident.
2. Working experience in micro/nanofabrication and experimental characterization of nano/microscale samples including in situ nanoindentation/X-ray/SEM/TEM/AFM.
3. A good record of publications and strong verbal/written communication skills.
4. A candidate with strong theoretical background in the relevant research areas will be also considered.
Applications will be immediately reviewed until the positions are filled. Interested candidates should submit the items listed below to Dr. Wonmo Kang (firstname.lastname@example.org):
1. A detailed CV including a list of publications
2. A cover letter with a short description of their research experience and interests
3. The names and email addresses of at least three references
The successful candidates will enjoy additional opportunities in DC areas including (1) opportunities to explore potential DOD funding, (2) potential collaborations with universities, (3) hands-on experience with cutting-edge facilities at NRL, and (4) local attractions. Postdoctoral Fellows at NRL are currently paid about $80,000/year with insurance benefits.