School of Computer Science
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
Reference No. 229/0219F
- Work with internationally recognized researchers in Service/Cloud/IoT Computing
- Join our passionate and dynamic research team in Sydney, Australia
- Full-time Fixed term for 1 year with a possibility of extension. Remuneration package: $84K-98K Base Salary p.a. and generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
The Sensor Cloud Services laboratory (SCSLab) is based in the School of Computer Science, University of Sydney, Australia. It focuses on the design and development of innovative sensor cloud technologies, delivered as services, currently conducting research in the following areas:
- Trust Computing in Service Environments
- QoS Optimization in Market Driven Cloud Environments
- Large-Scale Service Mining in IoT environments
- Social Computing
The SCSLab has an open position for a motivated Postdoctoral Research Associate in IoT Computing to join our research team. The successful candidate will undertake original and excellent research, leading to high quality publications. S/he will also have the opportunity to contribute to externally competitive research funding applications.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate in IoT Computing who has:
- PhD in Computer Science or a closely related area.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting quality research in one or more of the following areas: IoT, Service Computing, Cloud Computing.
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs.
- Assist and develop successful applications for competitive external research funding and contract research.
- Ability to clearly communicate research approaches, concepts and outcomes.
- High level of written and oral communication and demonstrated ability in the preparation of reports, synthesis of data and manuscripts for publication.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a successful research teams with a focus on collaborative and participative research practices.
Applications should include a resume and cover letter stating reasons for your suitability for the role.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led the research and teaching to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia’s first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across 9 campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 229/0219F to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm 10 March 2019 (Sydney time)