Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) seeks applications and nominations for the position of Executive Dean (Assignment) – Faculty of Engineering Technology and Science. The successful candidate will be offered the academic rank of Professor with the assignment role of Executive Dean.
The Executive Dean of Engineering Technology and Science provides innovative, strategic and operational leadership that leverages best practices and models to implement the most effective teaching and learning strategies to consistently increase student success at HCT. A key objective of this post is to establish the Engineering Technology and Science division academically and develop its reputation, especially to the outside community. The incumbent actively engages with relevant professional groups and HCT Faculty in order to meet the instructional and teaching needs of the HCT Engineering Technology and Science division. The Executive Dean promotes the Engineering Technology and Science division and the HCT, both locally and internationally and is responsible for oversight of educational program delivery, Quality Assurance, Quality Improvement, Finance, and Human Resources activities. The incumbent works with Program Chairs and relevant members of senior management to ensure that programs are internationally current and responsive to the needs of the UAE community. The Executive Dean works closely with each Program Chair to achieve Program objectives and to ensure the effective integration of academic units into college programs and activities. In addition, the Executive Dean coordinates with the Campus Heads of Academic Operations in matters that could impact the logistics of curriculum delivery. In the case of the HCT Academic Division of Engineering Technology and Science, the Executive Dean is committed to pursuing actively HCT’s linkages with the relevant professional groups and industry sectors, and to promoting HCT’s international activities and profile.
The job requirements for the role are:
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field from an accredited university is required
- A minimum of 12 years of related work experience, with at least 10 years spent in a senior supervisory/leadership role with a record of progressive responsibility and authority
- At least 5 years of academic/research experience at a post-secondary level
- Industry experience in a relevant discipline is required
- Proven track-record collaborating with business and industry
- Experience in developing course curriculum and assessment tools as per accreditation and international standards
- Experience designing and implementing quality assurance and institutional change processes
- A high degree of computer literacy and demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the learning environment and teaching methodology
- Current knowledge of industry practices, trends, and issues
- Experience in budget planning and implementation
- Highly developed organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Strong management or leadership skills as exhibited by experience in effectively leading a team and/or chairing committees
- Superior interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to form professional relationships at all levels the organization and with appropriate external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to generate a direction and path for the HCT Academic Division of Engineering Technology and Science, develop long-term objectives, contribute to the formation of strategies and establishment of priorities including change agendas.
- Ability to ensure that appropriate systems to support strategic objectives are developed and implemented. Such systems may manage the formulation of budgets, resource allocation, total quality management, external income generation, staffing matters and/or community liaison
- Ability to evaluate situations and make decisions on own initiative
- Ability to consult with others in order to inform, facilitate and expedite decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, including confidence in own judgment when dealing with others; Evidence of a high level of analytical ability and assertiveness/persuasiveness to achieve positive outcomes
- Overseas work experience within a multi-cultural environment would be advantageous
Founded in 1988, the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) has grown to be the UAE’s largest applied higher educational institution, with approximately 23,000 students attending modern, technology-oriented men and women campuses across seven Emirates in the UAE. The HCT employs about 2,000 staff, from over 80 nationalities, who share practices, ideas and cultures from around the world, thereby enriching the HCT community.
HCT offers a wide range of English-taught programs in the core academic fields of Applied Media, Business, Computer Information Science, Education, Engineering Technology & Science, and Health Sciences. These programs are designed in consultation with the UAE’s business and industry leaders to ensure that HCT student skills are job-relevant and up to the highest standards.
Applications are to be submitted via email at email@example.com. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential unless and until an applicant is called for an interview.
The HCT management team will be interviewing candidates in Houston, Texas, USA on July 26-28, 2019. Apply now with your Resume at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in meeting with the interviewing team.
Further information about the Higher Colleges of Technology may be accessed at http://www.hct.ac.ae/en/