Recently Morgan State University received a State appropriation to establish a new interdisciplinary research enterprise called the Cybersecurity Assurance and Policy (CAP) Center. To staff the CAP Center, the cohort will consist of faculty in Electrical & Computer Engineering (3).
It is the policy of Morgan State University that all employees and students should be able to enjoy and work in an educational environment free from discrimination. Discrimination against any person or group of persons on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion,sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other applicable protected basis under applicable law is prohibited by this Nondiscrimination Policy (Policy). Any employee, student, student organization, or person privileged to work or study at Morgan State University who violates this Policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including permanent exclusion from the University.Discrimination includes conduct (oral, written, graphic, or physical) directed against any person or group of persons because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity,or any other applicable protected basis under applicable law and that has the purpose or reasonably foreseeable effect of creating an offensive, demeaning, intimidating, or hostile environment for that person or group of persons.Incidents of sexual harassment, sexual assault, and other acts of sexual misconduct constitute discrimination based upon sex in violation of Title IX of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other applicable laws. Incidents of this nature should be reported to the University’s Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Truth Hall, Room 103,(443) 885-3559. The scholarly, educational, or artistic content of any written, oral, or other presentation or inquiry shall not be limited by this Policy. It is the intent of this paragraph that academic freedom be assured for all members of the academic community. Accordingly, this provision shall be liberally construed but shall not be used as a pre-textual basis for violation of this Policy.Persons who feel they are victims of discrimination or who observe incidents of discrimination should immediately make a detailed written record of incidents, dates, and times at which they occurred, and of the names of perpetrators and witnesses, if known.The incident should be reported to the Office of Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) or to the Office of Human Resources located in Carter Grant Wilson, Room 100, (443) 885-3195. The EEO Officer or the Office of Human Resources will, after a prompt investigation, in accordance with accepted due process procedures,take measures appropriate to the nature of the incident. These measures will be designed to accomplish the following:
1. Determine whether discrimination has occurred;
2. Prevent further acts of discrimination;
3. Restore to victim any losses suffered as a result of the discriminatory conduct;
4. Remove any material that violates this policy and/or repair any resulting damages;and
5. Prevent acts of retaliation against persons bringing the complaint.If it is determined that discrimination or retaliation has occurred, sanctions will be devised in accordance with the seriousness of the behavior. Sanctions may range from admonishment to, in extreme cases, dismissal.Any member of the University community who attempts to interfere, restrain, coerce, discriminate against, or harass any individual for filing a discrimination complaint or participating in the investigation of a discrimination complaint will be subject to disciplinary action including but not limited to: for employees -termination, suspension, or formal reprimand; and for students -suspension or expulsion. The President shall establish rules and procedures that govern the investigation and adjudication of complaints filed under this Policy.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.