The German University in Cairo invites applications for the following vacancies to be filled effective October 2021 or February 2022
The German University in Cairo is looking for highly capable and motivated applicants wishing to join the Architecture and Urban Design Program. The GUC architecture school was founded in 2010 and can now claim to be one of the most attractive programs in Egypt. Situated in Cairo, the dynamic gateway to the Middle East, the GUC Architecture and Urban Design program is growing rapidly.
Successful candidates will be expected to teach both undergraduate and graduate levels, develop ongoing and innovative research activities, and contribute to shaping this young architecture and urban design program. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching in
- Visual Design
- Spatial Design
- Introducing students to the existing body of architectural knowledge, architectural composition and contemporary theoretical approaches
- Leading design studios at undergraduate and graduate levels
- Advanced elective courses on innovative Visual or Spatial design in relation with Architecture
- Supervising bachelor/master/PhD theses
The field of Architecture Design and Visual Representation introduces the basic tools, media, techniques and principles of graphic communication, as well as basics of visual design, spatial perception and spatial studies, advanced architectural drawing techniques, rendering and visualization, promoting/fostering aesthetic positions in architectural design, reinforcing design fundamentals, where students can experiment and explore several ideas related to two and three-dimensional forms.
- Candidates should hold a Doctorate/Ph.D. in the field of visual design related to Architecture or equivalent practical and teaching experience. The language of teaching is English.
- Commitment to engage in interdisciplinary studies, research and collaboration with academies of arts
- Visual Design: Image processing, layout and vector-based illustration programs. Experience and demonstrated interest in interactive media are desirable.
- CAD/CAM and 3D modelling as well as BIM softwares
The German University in Cairo is an Egyptian Private University established in cooperation with the German State Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart, under the patronage of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts, State of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany, and supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Embassy in Cairo, the Arab/German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK), the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Universities of Stuttgart, Ulm, Mannheim, and Tübingen. Situated at the ancient city of Cairo, the GUC’s mission is to achieve excellence in teaching and research.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, samples of design work and publications and the names of at least three referees. Applications to be submitted online through the GUC website: https://www.guc.edu.eg/en/jobs/ by referencing posting: #ref Academic Keys-II6.4.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications before 30th of May 2021.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (email@example.com)