The Department of Civil Engineering at the National Taiwan University invites applications for tenure track faculty positions, including all levels of assistant, associate, and full professors. Applicants with expertise and research interests in one or more of the following areas are welcome.
Earthquake Engineering; Theoretical, Experimental, or Computational Mechanics of Solids and Structures; Transportation Engineering and Planning; Transportation Energy and Intelligent Transportation; Air Transportation Engineering and Management; Automation and Robotics; Engineering Informatics; Artificial Intelligence and Human-Computer Interaction.
Intended starting date: February 1, 2019
Each applicant should hold a doctoral degree in civil engineering or a highly related field by the starting date, demonstrate interests and expertise in inter-disciplinary research and passion on undergraduate and graduate teaching.
Applicants must provide the following materials:
1. A cover letter;
2. Application for Faculty Position form;
3. A curriculum vitae that states academic and work experience, expertise, list of publications, and possible courses to be offered;
4. A statement of research plans for the next five years (6 pages maximum);
5. A copy of the official doctorate degree certificate, if available;
6. A copy of the transcript of graduate studies (if applicants are applying for an assistant professor position);
7. Contact information of 3 to 5 references;
8. A list of publications;
9. One representative publication after February1, 2014 and at most five selected publications after February 1, 2012.
Applicants should submit an application package to Professor and Chairman Shang-Hsien Hsieh at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ms. Min-Hsuan Liu at email@example.com. Electronic files of items 2, 7, and 8 in word format and the rest in pdf. The application deadline is September 15, 2018. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.ce.ntu.edu.tw/2018/06/28/faculty-position-opening/