The College of Engineering at the University of Sharjah invites applicants for a faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in the Nuclear Engineering Program. The successful candidates must have earned B.S. MSc. and Ph.D. degrees in Nuclear Engineering. Industrial experience is an asset. Successful candidates must firmly commit to undergraduate teaching, research, advising, and course development. Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience and professional experience.
For this position, we seek candidates with a research focus in one or more but not limited to, the following areas:
- Radiation Science
- Radiation detection and measurements
Candidates should have a strong record of accomplishment in research, publications in top field journals of Radiation Science, transport and interaction of radiation with matter, detection and measurement and demonstrated abilities to secure competitive funding. Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a letter of application addressing qualifications along with a resume and names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three references.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Ability to teach a range of core and elective courses in Radiation Science, detection, and measurement at any level, as well as supervise senior design projects in nuclear/mechanical engineering.
- Faculty members in the program are expected to develop curricula and laboratories and should plan to establish externally funded research programs and publish peer-reviewed papers.
- Faculty members are also required to serve on committees at the program and university level
- Ability to work as a team member—exhibit superior interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Organize and prioritize work with a high degree of initiative and independence.
- Ability to effectively manage time and projects.
- Ability to integrate and analyze information and develop reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication and ability to compose effective and professional communication for internal, external, and virtual communities.
- Adhere to strict confidentiality and other ethical standards.
- Ability to manage stress well and adapt to a changing and fast-paced environment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BSc in Degree in Nuclear/Mechanical Engineering
- PhD in Nuclear Engineering or related field in the area of "Radiation Science, detection and measurement".
- Proven record of research in experimental radiation detection and measurement.
- Minimum three years' experience in university teaching or industry.