Tenure Track Position, Fall 2024
The Maseeh Department of Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering
The University of Texas at Austin
The Maseeh Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering (CAEE) at The University of Texas at Austin invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position in transportation engineering. We seek candidates experienced in the study and development of innovative transportation technologies or systems, and the sociotechnical connections of transportation provision with quality of life.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Resilience of transportation systems and other interconnected infrastructure, environmental, and social systems.
- Multimodal expertise, for example in air, maritime, bicycle, and micro-mobility transportation.
- Sustainable transport, particularly addressing issues related to decarbonization.
- Emerging transportation technologies, such as connectivity, automation, and electrification.
We are committed to supporting the success of all members of our community: students, staff, and faculty. A successful candidate can expect to benefit from and contribute to those efforts.
Candidates must have a PhD in civil engineering or a related area. The successful candidate will be expected to create undergraduate and graduate learning environments that address the needs of students from a variety of backgrounds, with differing learning styles and abilities. Further, the successful applicant will be expected to develop an externally sponsored research program, mentor graduate students, collaborate with other faculty, and be involved in service to the university and profession.
Interested applicants should submit the following materials via Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/134135
(1) a cover letter, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) research statement, (4) teaching and mentoring statement, and (5) a list of three references.
The successful candidate will be required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form and provide documents to verify identity and eligibility to work in the USA. A security sensitive background check will be conducted on the applicant selected.
Please address questions and submissions to Prof. Robert B. Gilbert, CAEE Department Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org). Review of applications will begin November 6, 2023, and will continue until an appropriate candidate is identified. Further information on the Department of Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering may be found at https://www.caee.utexas.edu/