Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering (ME) Operations Manager, the Project Coordinator provides support to the Department Chair, as well as faculty and staff on sponsored research matters, working in coordination with the Office of Sponsored Programs and Sponsored Accounting. The Project Coordinator will also assist the Department Chair on various communication assignments and department operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Mechanical Engineering (ME) research accounts in coordination with faculty, and the Office of Sponsored Programs and Sponsored Accounting.
- Continuously develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of federal rules and regulations that govern research grants as well as keeps abreast of sponsor terms and conditions for submitting and administering the awards.
- Assist faculty to achieve shared objectives and working with others to provide quality service to sponsors and stakeholders.
- Understand research budget development, and initiate post award modification and request on behalf of the PI in compliance with the university and sponsor requirements.
- Process payroll and student assistantships for ME research accounts and monitor project financials including handling invoices, and expense reports.
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the department’s goals, strategies, and research developments, and provide writing support to capture department progresses and outreach initiatives.
- Work with the Department Chair and faculty to develop content in support of various communication initiatives including department newsletter, research and annual reports, website, and social media.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent administrative professional experience.
Required Experience: Minimum of 2 years in higher education or other industry experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to produce high-quality work on deadline while managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and other document management tools including Google Drive, OneDrive and other solutions.
- Familiar with payroll management systems such as workday, financial systems such as Kuali and Concur.
- Strong computer proficiency and the ability to quickly learn and assimilate new systems and information.
- Excellent attention to detail and exceptional follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate large and small multiple projects through to completion.
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team environment. Must have project management experience, and excellent oral, and written communication skills.
Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students, faculty and staff of all races and genders. We are an NSF ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from qualified women and minority candidates, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens offers an intellectually vibrant, diverse, highly interdisciplinary, collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial community, and is a great place to work.
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Mechanical Engineering Operations
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.